Friday, March 5, 2010

Hockey...

My blood has more cricket and bollywood than red blood corpuscles and
haemoglobin. I've never really tested my patience with any other game.
But just now I watched a Pakistan-England Hockey World Cup match...and
I was floored. What a game hockey is! Now if you ask me to define
hockey,I would say it's cricket and football clubbed together. The raw
pace and stamina is that of football's,but it's played with a bat and
a kind of deuce ball. It's so much more difficult to tackle/dribble
with the ball,with a bat while running at a cheeta's pace. Anyone who
loves to watch 'corners' in football should watch them in hockey. This
particular battle between two great teams ended in a 5-2 result in
England's favour. But every minute of the game kept any team's win a
possibility. I think I'll watch some more hockey now. I love the game.
And there was something funny in this match. The names of the English
players. How? Sample this,then. There was a Jonty Clark (in cricket we
have a Jonty Rhodes [S.A] and a Michael Clark [Aus]). Watch
hockey,people. It's an amazing game. Let's support our team in this
World Cup...

--
Sent from my mobile device

4 comments: